close your mind-tracks and leave fantastically

Welcome to my blog! After the year in Hanoi, Vietnam, as a VSO volunteer, I'm still depending on the assistance of my two faithful neurons for all there is to come. I might decide to keep you informed, you will decide to keep reading.

26 November 2006

Maaah Graaazieeehhh






















Hey, hey, hey…haven’t updated the blog properly for a lifetime, so here it goes again. The thinking process began (finally) yesterday at the back of my Xe Om, as I was heading to the meeting point for the KOTO bike ride….I have so much to tell about everything that’s been going on so far, so resolution is that from now on I will share just about everything and anything that’s been happening. I can feel vibes of relief in all of you back home..ehehe.
And what better way to do it if not the day after one of the most amazing days I’ve had so far?

So, THANK YOU KOTO, for organising a fantastic day out in the country side (even if this means a sore bum during and after – for how long?). THANK YOU Steve, for being such a great organiser, for actually fundraising for me, and THANK YOU VSO for agreeing in paying up..
Deal was, get up incredibly early on a Saturday morning, to get on a bike to ride 80 km from Hanoi to Ba Vi – in principle all super mega ueber wrong things for me, really…but I got up unexpectedly enthusiastic about the whole thing, took a Xe Om, made my resolutions about the blog, met up with Mike, headed to the chilled out bike ride, crossed amazing landscapes, villages, super smiley people, kids shouting Helloooooo, holding out their hands for cheery hi fives (which caused a slight collision with Mike – and thank you Mike for preventing me going face on the ground), stopping for a Hanoi beer out of Hanoi, getting a elbow-to-hand and full face sun burn, and….being the very last rider of the KOTO bike ride challenge.

Half way through (so to say) we had fine break near a beautiful pagoda, where I managed to scoff as many delicious KOTO muffins as I could – THANK YOU Martin for being such an amazing cooking teacher! Apple, Mango and Papaya muffins..mmmhhh.
















with Steve and Martin - holding me upright


It was a real success, and for Steve, his last KOTO event as a VSO volunteer – well done. As for me, I managed to crawl home, have some dinner before collapsing – and today, I can move!? Some people say it’s only for today and I will be paralysed in the next few days, unless I do some sports today… You’ll be shocked to hear that I am NOT going to do any of that today. There.








Mike - brilliant team mate!

2 Comments:

At 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amoure
quant'si bella a mammaà
ma ce fine facisti??
nu bacione forte forte
e ti salutano todos
sor't

 
At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beddrah te Mamasue!!!!!!!!
Quanto sei bella! non lo dico solo perchè sono madrete (ma lo sono )
baci baci
fatte sentere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home