close your mind-tracks and leave fantastically

Welcome to my blog! After the year in Hanoi, Vietnam, as a VSO volunteer, I'm still depending on the assistance of my two faithful neurons for all there is to come. I might decide to keep you informed, you will decide to keep reading.

27 November 2006

A fortune teller once told me

Now close your eyes and imagine you're reading this in June 2006, because what I'm writing goes back to that month.

During the VSO Annual Volunteer Conference in Hoi An, one of the many activities/trainings organised was a session with a Fortune Teller.

You see, here in Viet Nam, Fortune Telling is a very important job. They will be able to tell you when the auspicious date to fly out of the country is, when the best date to get married is, what year you should have babies in, and just about anything else that you may have slight control over.

Those who know me back home, also know, not only that I love and am totally fascinated by the supernatural powers of people with the 6th sense, but I actually do believe in it....but please, don't use this against me.

To start off with, I will have you know that I am a flying dragon...there's no better species to be and I'm going to be lucky and rich and beautiful for the rest of my life. mmmh.

So anyway, the fortune teller at Hoi An told me that:

I am romantic, kind hearted, hot tempered, my career will improve when I'm 35, until then it's deep shit, only earn enough to survive, but that's difficult because I like going out too much; will move home next year; will fall in love with a Vietnamese man, but he will not make me happy. I'll marry between 33-35 with someone from my home country (didn't have the heart to start arguing there) but abroad, I have a big black mole somewhere (and again, I would have loved to show her my spotted back - ok too much info there), people like me, I'm a loyal friend, people listen to me, even older people and I am independent.



Check out "A fortune teller once told me" (Tiziano Terzani), and tell me what it's like cos I haven't read it yet...ehehe.









Nowt to do with Fortune Telling, but I love this picture and it was taken by Anne Marie at the conference. Will tell you all about that another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home