close your mind-tracks and leave fantastically

Welcome to my blog! After the year in Hanoi, Vietnam, as a VSO volunteer, I'm still depending on the assistance of my two faithful neurons for all there is to come. I might decide to keep you informed, you will decide to keep reading.

29 March 2007

What now?

Ok, so the situation is the following. I left my work in the UK under pretences that it would be a one year sabbatical. The year expired last August, and I’m not too confident that they’re so desperate to want me back.
More than that, I think my life has now taken a completely different path, where, for as much as it could always be an option, going back now would simply not make any sense.

I see my professional and personal experience so far as a creative and positive lying of bricks, where all I have learned and seen will never be taken away from me.

Now the one thing that I can think of that would make sense for me to do, and that I am quite excited about, is to do a masters degree in something called “Intercultural Communications” in Cambridge. Yet another obsessions of mine, which I will not bore you with.
But that’s what I’m going to do.

I do, however, take this opportunity to ask for your (kind) advice on how to apply for funding for masters courses that are totally extortionate? What do to? Where to go? Etc etcet et.
For the best piece of advice, the price will be a signed picture of me scoffing that cheese sandwich I’ve been fantasising on all day today.

Before Europe, however, I will take the advantage of the time off to do all that I didn’t do during my time in Vietnam, and that is to travel. I am not doing this by myself, of course…. But I’m too shy to share this piece of information. South Vietnam, Cambodia and Bangkok are our next destinations. If I’m disciplined enough, you’ll have it all here.

I will keep you posted with all that happens, and this time I’m going to keep the promise!

So long, cheerio.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty

If you do get to Cambridge before June then come and say hi. As you know I haven't yet started my VSO but am completing my teacher training at Cabbridge which is wonderful....
Tony G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home