close your mind-tracks and leave fantastically

Welcome to my blog! After the year in Hanoi, Vietnam, as a VSO volunteer, I'm still depending on the assistance of my two faithful neurons for all there is to come. I might decide to keep you informed, you will decide to keep reading.

12 March 2006

Who's for karaoke?

what a week! certainly a lot less happening in terms of drinking at night (although I can't do without a Ha Noi beer a day, keeps the doctor away) and just general late nights, but very intense as far as language teaching and general exploration of the city, the culture and a bit of history.
but the best was the get together at the karaoke on saturday night, which was already the second time....and would you believe, I actually sang!!! obviously I managed to stay away from the microphone, much to my friends' disappointment, but what they don't realise is that I was trying to save them from the risk of losing their hearing...anyway, no doubt one day it'll happen and then I will be denied getting even close the mic.
then had the most amazing day yesterday staying with a Vietnamese family, who cooked the lovely Pho Bo (noodle soup with beef) and I helped in the making, and most of all eating, of Nem (Vietnamese springrolls). The two girls, nicknamed Tom and Jerry, are the best, the funniest girls (8 and 5 year-olds), and I had the best laugh with them...
I can't wait to get to use my own pc so that I can post some pictures....no doubt that will happen soon. In fact, we have another two weeks training and then real life will begin.
TO be honest, I can't wait for that to happen, as, for as much as this is a very nice holiday, and an excellent preparation to life over here, I do feel that we tend to go back to find our comfort zone and get exposed to very little real Vietnamese lifestyle. But maybe it's just me? mmh, don't know.
I feel (very soft now!) very lucky to having been placed here in Hanoi, as there is a large support network amongst VSO office and volunteers...possibly a good introduction to social work? who knows, I'll keep you posted.
I'd like to apologise to all of you for being so crap at keeping in touch, I hope that I'll be able to catch up with youse properly once I settle in!
Missing you all loads (even if it's just on skype or msn messenger).
buaaahahhhahhhh

2 Comments:

At 1:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bella Patriccia!
Che piacere leggerti: sei proprio in forma!
Ma che canzone hai cantato? (Oddio)
Spero tu abbia infuso un po' di SalentinitĂ  ai Vietnamiti cantanto una bellissima e struggente canzone di ALBANO!
Ahahahahahhahahahaha
Ciao bella e in bocca al lupo per i prossimi giorni!

Tuo cug,
Giuggy

 
At 10:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amoureeeeeeeeeee
ahahahahaha...che bello, cosi quando torni andiamo a cantare tutti asseme..questa notte ti ho sognata, che eri tornata qui...che bello..
va bè, ti bacio forte forte
kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home